We know you love inaugurating your cool-weather wardrobe with a new pair of boots for fall as much as we do. Really, after a season of sporting flimsy sandals and summery slip-ons, there's nothing quite like slipping into a sturdy and stylish pair of boots, be they the highest wedges or the sexiest stilettos. In order to make your new purchase a slam-dunk, we've sourced not just one or two categories, but eight to give you full gamut of what's out there, and what we love most. And since value is always on our radar, we've got a few pairs starting as low as $68...so there's nothing stopping you from picking up an extra pair for the road.
1. Autumn Colored Boots—Offering up a nice change from the standard black and brown leather, autumn's warm and spicy shades give these boots a little extra pizazz.
2. The New Western Boot—Inspired by your favorite riding or cowboy boots, the New Western style is sturdy and wearable but also super stylish...very Hèrmes.
3. Tailored Combat Boots—Swap summer's beat-up boyish boots for this season's more tailored combat styles.
4. The Modern Chelsea Boot—The bootie of the moment, the Modern Chelsea is a great little slip-on with lots of attitude.
5. Shearling & Knit-Lined Boot—If you want cozy and chic, don't hesitate over this lush little batch of lined options, which add a bit of texture to a simpler look.
Above, from left: Loeffler Randall Fritzy Knit Trim Combat Boot, $495, available at Loeffler Randall; KG by Kurt Geiger Warrick Shearling Cuffed Ankle Bootie, $247.50, available at My Wardrobe; Zara Flat Sole Wool Ankle Boots, $79.90, available at select Zara stores; Aldo Allday Shearling Booties, $120, available at Aldo.
6. Extra Feminine Boots—Coinciding with the season's more ladylike trends, these boots boast more feminine silhouettes and features, giving them a slightly sexier, grown-up vibe.
7. Wedge Boots—Still going strong, fall's wedge boots are even higher and more luxurious looking than last season.
8. The Motorcycle Boot—Another year-round favorite, fall's motorcycle boots are tougher and cooler than ever.