1. Flip your hair upside-down and spray on some dry shampoo for added texture. Lightly comb the product through with your fingers.
2. Flip your head upright, then create a middle-part and divide hair into sections.
3. Create two French braids that start at the front and go along the sides of the head, all the way to the base of the neck.
4. When the two French braids meet, switch to fishtail braids and secure with clear hair ties. Leave some of the length on the ends loose.
5. Lightly rough up the hair at the top of the head, pulling a few pieces loose with your fingers. Finish with by lightly applying an anti-frizz cream.
TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo, $5.49, and Tresemmé No-Frizz Secret Smoothing Creme, $4.75, both available at Drugstore.com. Mara Hoffman Swim '12 image courtesy of TRESemmé.