OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The “Refinery29 Escape To London Sweeps” ("Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Refinery29 Inc., American Express Publishing Corporation, Vente-Privee USA, LLC, and their respective parents, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, promotion agencies, suppliers and members of their immediate families, are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. For purposes of this Promotion, "immediate family" is defined as spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of whether they reside in the same household. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Prize Provider’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Refinery29, 30 Cooper Square, Fl 4, New York, NY 10003, U.S.A.
3. Promotional Partners: American Express Publishing Corporation & Vente-Privee USA, LLC
4. Timing: The Promotion begins April 08, 2013 at 12:01 PM EST and ends May 08, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST (the "Promotion Period").
5. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, go to http://www.refinery29.com/sweeps/escape-to-london (“Promotion website”) and enter by following the onscreen entry instructions. Limited to one entry per person. No more than one person can enter using the same email address. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entry and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Alternative Method of Entry (“AMOE”): Participants may also enter the Promotion by mail as follows. On a plain 3” x 5” index card, legibly handprint or type your first name, last name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, zip code, home phone number (including area code), and email address (if any) and mail your completed 3” x 5” card to Refinery29 Escape To London Sweepstakes: 30 Cooper Square, New York, NY 10003, U.S.A. To be considered eligible in the Promotion, AMOE entries must be postmarked no later than May 12, 2013. Limited to one AMOE entry per person.
6. Entry Errors: Sponsor and Promotional Partners are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Sponsor and Promotional Partners are not responsible if online service or equipment is interrupted including without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, Web site, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections, (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information or the failure to capture any such information, or (6) printing or typographical errors.
7. Selection of Winners: A random drawing will be conducted on or about May 17, 2013 by Sponsor from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential prize winner will be notified via e- mail. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all e-mail information is up-to-date and accurate. Prize notice returned as undeliverable will result in the disqualification of the potential prize winner and an alternate winner will be selected. The entrant initially selected as the potential winner will be notified by email within 10 days of the end of the Promotion Period. Refinery29’s decisions as to the random drawing are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A trip for two (2) to London, England. Trip package includes round trip, economy-class air transportation for two (2) from the nearest major US international airport as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to London, England; four (4) nights’ accommodations at the Metropolitan by COMO, London (single room, double occupancy); Winner must complete the trip before May 8, 2014. Trip must be booked at least twenty-eight (28) days prior to departure. Trip subject to availability and blackout dates. Air transportation must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value: $4,900.00 USD. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
9. Release: By receipt of the prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Promotional Partners, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Acceptance of Official Rules: As a condition of entry, participants fully and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules, to the Terms and Conditions of Prize Drawing and to Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
11. Disputes: In the event of a dispute, the person to whom the e-mail address used to enter the Promotion was registered will be deemed the winning entrant. Potential winner may be required to show proof of identification in conjunction with prize award/ acceptance.
12. Substitution Taxes: No assignment or transfer of prize will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF PRIZE.
13. Potential Winner Publicity. As a condition of entry, you grant consent to Promotion Sponsor, Partner, and their respective agents to use your name, likeness, voice, and biographical information for publicity or advertising in any media or manner, without payment, consideration, notice or approval and without geographic or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
14. Liability: You agree that Sponsor, Promotional Partners, and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and all their advertising and promotion agencies, will have no liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion and, you shall hold them harmless for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind that you or others may incur as a consequence of your participation in the Promotion or your acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. By entering the Promotion, entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sponsor and Promotional Partners, their successors and assigns and all their respective shareholders, directors, officers and employees from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including attorneys' fees and/or experts fees and costs, which he/she now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation in the Promotion and the acceptance and use or misuse of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of the prize.
15. Conditions of Participants’ Conduct. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Promotion and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. In the event that the Promotion is terminated early, Sponsor will make the prize available to be won among all eligible persons who entered prior to the date of termination and notice of such action will be posted on the Promotion website. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out any entrant who, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter.
16. Disputes/Choice of Law Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the awarding of the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out- of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York Law, without reference to choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
REFINERY29, INC., AMERICAN EXPRESS PUBLISHING CORPORATION, VENTE-PRIVEE USA, LLC, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATE COMPANIES AND SUBSIDIARIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR THE AWARD OF THE PRIZE IN THE PROMOTION.
THE PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK.