Here at R29, we’re genuine suckers for great style, fierce beauty, and, well...butter. So, it’s no surprise that we’re completely hooked on Spoon Fork Bacon, a culinary-inspired blog that embraces another three essentials things in equal measure: Healthy snacks, indulgent sweets, and serious cocktails — each as innovative as they are yummy (did we just say that?). Check back every month for a few of our all-time favorites from SFB...the culinary arts just got way cooler!
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
1 lemon, zested
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups heavy cream
16 large strawberries, tops cut and split in half lengthwise
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1. Place cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer, until smooth.
2. Scrape down sides of the bowl and set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl with the electric mixer, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated.
5. Slice the backs of each strawberry, every so slightly, so they sit up straight. Using a small measuring spoon or melon baller, carefully hollow the inner center of each strawberry.
6. Fill a piping bag (fitted with a star tip) with the cream cheese mixture and pipe into each cut strawberry.
7. Finish each with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs and serve.
Photos: Courtesy of Spoon Fork Bacon