Total time: 20 minutes
1 pound of your favorite spaghetti (I used gluten-free spaghetti)
2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
½ cup of fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Boil salted water in a large pot. Then cook the pasta until it's al dente (tender but still firm). Stir occasionally for about 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the oil, parmesan cheese, ¼ cup of basil, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
3. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
4. Toss with the lemon sauce and the reserved cooking liquid (1/4 cup at a time to moisten if it appears too dry).
5. Season with salt and pepper, then garnish with lemon zest and the remaining basil.