Blueberry & Banana Pancakes
Serves: 4 to 6
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon juice from 1 lemon
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1-2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup of bananas
1. Mix the milk and lemon juice together with a whisk, then set aside to thicken.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
3. Mix the egg and melted butter into the milk.
4. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients in the bowl. Pour the milk mixture into the hole and whisk gently.
5. Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat and pour ¼ cups of batter into three spots.
6. You can then add either the blueberries or chocolate chips or both. Wait about two minutes to flip to the other side.
This recipe makes up to 16 pancakes, but you can cover the batter and store in the fridge for the next day if you're not feeding a family of four.
Like this post? There's more. Get tons of news, tips, and street pics on My Stylist now!
Photo: Courtesy of Julia Engel.