It's not an overstatement to say Andrew Mukamal stops traffic. With his Elvira locks, penchant for man-dresses, and Birkin bags, the break-out reality star could be a dead ringer for Cher, if Cher was a hot dude who wore Rick Owens (and we're betting that Andrew has more Rick than Rick). We got a heavy addiction to the PR lad on the first episode of Bravo's Kell On Earth—his upbeat attitude (we're not sure if Kelly would like us), Prince of Darkness references, and curious work ethic is straight-up fashion crack. Beneath all the spikes (Hermès of course), black leather, and downtown swagger, lies a hilarious heart of gold (his recent email to us read, in all caps: "OBSESSED WITH MY NEW PINK CASHMERE MOTO").
Check out his picks to get in on dangerous donuts, free grappa, and Rick Owens, of course:
1. Barneys New York: "Dangerously located around the corner from my apartment and definitely my go-to spot for the picks of the season. First stop--Men's third floor and then straight over to Women's on five to stock up on Proenza Schouler."
660 Madison Avenue (at East 61st Street); 212-826-8900.
2. Il Mulino: "Hands down my favorite restaurant in New York. I've been eating there since I can remember, and still can't get over those crispy, olive oil drenched garlic bread sticks. Alfredo to die for but make sure to save room for some fresh berries and zabaglione and wash it down with the house's complimentary grappa."
86 West 3rd Street (at Sullivan Street); 212-673-3783.
3. Hotoveli: "One of my favorite boutiques in New York. Beautiful store and incredible selection of men's and women's Rick Owens, McQueen, and Forme. Any store that carries the Alexander McQueen runway shoes from spring/summer 2010 (look 10 Titanic Ballet Mega Heels to be precise) is definitely worth checking out in my book."
271 West 4th Street (between Perry and West 11th streets); 212-206-7722.
4. Kenmare: "I've loved it there since I first hung out in the basement's white-washed banquettes during Fashion Week in March and have been raving about the food since tastings. Get the chicken, it's what dreams are made of."
98 Kenmare Street (at Mott Street); 212-274-9898.
5. Doughnut Plant: "Pretty much my favorite snack in the whole city. My mouth waters at the thought of their signature square-shaped jelly-filled peanut-butter donut, oh and since February I've been able to grab them around the corner from my apartment on the 6th Floor Cafe of Bloomingdale's on 59th Street!"
379 Grand Street (at Norfolk Street); 212-505-3700.
Ladies (and gents): if you've ever wanted to get to know a bona-fide Prince Of Darkness a little more intimately, we're giving away a dinner date with Mukamal that might fill up your goth quotient, like, forever! One lucky winner will score a free dinner with him at the Tribeca Grand (see there awesome new video below), one of Mukamal's fave downtown hot-spots, plus a free one-night stay at the hotel (Andrew not included). Click here to see just what you're in for! To win, post a pic of yourself rockin' your fave Andrew-inspired outfit on our Facebook page—he'll take the most stylin' snap to dinner.
Check our twitter and Facebook page; We'll announce the winner FRIDAY at noon!