We all know that the Internet can be pretty addictive, but our Because I'm Addicted habit is one we'll never wanna quit. The woman behind this can't-go-a-day-without-it website is Geri Hirsch, a 20-something knockout who loves L.A. as much as she loves Abbey Lee's new bob, Lou Doillon's personal style, and Zara's new chunky fall knits. But there's more to this SoCal tastemaker than just a pretty wardrobe...not only are her musings on the fashion industry as appealing as her style stories, but she also has a real love of the culinary arts, and shares her gorgeous food-porn-like photos on the site. So, while we keep clicking (and clicking, and clicking) on this must-bookmark blog, we thought we'd ask the one-and-only Geri what L.A. spots she could never do without.
1. Venice Beach Wines: "I'm ecstatic every time I find a spot (seats only 20!) at this delicious little wine bar on Rose in Venice. They serve everything from 'Lambwichs' to perfect hot pressed veggie burgers, and always paired with the perfect wine...yummmm."
529 Rose Avenue (at Rennie Avenue); 310-606-2529.
2. Empiric Studios: "Decorating my new apartment, Empiric was the first stop for inspiration. At every turn there is something wonderful and unusual."
7916 Beverly Boulevard (at North Fairfax Avenue); 323-634-7323.
3. Jet Rag $1 Sale: "If discovering a Christian Dior dress or perfectly worn vintage T-shirt for one buck excites you then the Jet Rag Sunday dollar sale may turn you into a vintage hoarder. Be prepared to rummage through heaping piles of clothing or fight over fur coats with fellow shoppers. And don't forget to dress appropriately because you will be half naked in the parking lot trying on finds."
825 North La Brea Avenue (between Willoughby Avenue and Waring Avenue); 323-939-0528.
4. Awash: "In my opinion, this North African restaurant is the gem of the Ethiopian district off of Fairfax. The veggie platter with injera is a must!"
5990 1/2 West Pico Boulevard (at Steams Drive); 323-939-3233.
5. Maxfield: "It's rare that I swipe my credit card here but one day when I'm a big time baller...for now it's an awesome art gallery."'
8825 Melrose Avenue (at Lapeer Drive); 310-274-8800.