There's nothing quite like a fresh batch of pancakes on a lazy weekend morning. Our favorite thing about pancakes is that there are so many opportunities to get creative and mix up the flavors. We teamed up with pancake connoisseur, A Cozy Kitchen, to bring you these cozy coconut pancakes. They're fluffy and surprisingly light with just the right amount of coconut. Breakfast is served!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup canned coconut milk
1/4 cup cream of coconut
1 tbsp butter, melted + cooled
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl
2. Separately, combine coconut milk, cream of coconut, egg, and melted butter & beat together
3. Combine wet with dry
4. Fold in the coconut flakes
5. Preheat skillet with 1 1/2 tsp butter
6. On warm skillet, scoop 1/2 cup of batter (with spatula, shape pancake)
7. Cook for two to three minutes (until bubbles form) & flip!
8. Top with butter, drizzle heated maple syrup and sprinkle more coconut flakes
NEXT: Your New Favorite Smoothie Recipe
Have a minute? That’s all it took us to get hooked on Leaf.tv, an addictive new YouTube series from content queens Erin Falconer and Geri Hirsch. Leaf.tv serves up everything from must-know kitchen lifehacks to easy-to-digest DIYs.