As the saying goes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And, what better way to start the morning than with a batch of delicious and nutritious kale baked eggs?! We teamed up with DJ & foodie, So Super Sam, to show you how to whip up this brunch-worthy and totally impressive dish.
Click through for the step-by-step video!
RELATED: How To Get The Perfect Fried Bacon
Kale Baked Eggs
1 leek, cleaned & chopped
1 bunch of scallions, chopped
1 bunch of lacinto kale, chopped
2 tbsp butter, separated
2/3 cup plain greek yogurt
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp fresh oregano
Salt and pepper
1. In a saute pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat
2. Add leeks, scallions, and kale then top with juice of 1 lemon and pinch of salt
3. Let all of the ingredients wilt
4. Transfer to a 10-inch cast iron skillet
5. Create four indents — off heat, crack eggs carefully into the indents
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set
7. Make garlic infused yogurt topping: In a small bowl, add greek yogurt, garlic cloves, and salt. Let sit for 20 minutes to let garlic infuse
8. Make butter sauce: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 1 tbsp butter and add chili powder and salt (to taste). When butter is browned, add 1 tsp fresh oregano. Cook for 30 more seconds.
9. Top baked eggs with garlic-infused yogurt and spiced butter
For more breakfast recipes visit LEAF.tv!
Have a minute? That’s all it took us to get hooked on Leaf.tv, an addictive new YouTube series from content queens Erin Falconer and Geri Hirsch. Leaf.tv serves up everything from must-know kitchen lifehacks to easy-to-digest DIYs.