The trick to a stress-free dinner party is picking a recipe that will cook effortlessly while you entertain your guests. As the weather cools down, a great roast perfectly fits the bill. Enter this roast chicken recipe, just five steps and six ingredients — simply let it cook while you’re chatting over a glass of vino. Serve with a few easy sides (like our herbed basmati rice and roasted vegetables), et voilà, dinner is served!
1. Wash whole chicken inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels
2. Add olive oil and smear. Then, massage in ¼ cup of butter and 2 tbsp of chopped rosemary
3. Stuff with ¼ large onion, half a lemon and rosemary sprig
4. Drizzle chicken with lemon and generously add salt, pepper, and freshly chopped rosemary
5. Roast at 375 for 45 minutes — the chicken is ready at 165-170 degrees