The new year is always a great time to get organized, and why not start with your shoe closet? No more digging for your other shoe or forgetting the fabulous shoes you already own — this DIY shoe display shows off your favorite heels while saving space. It's a great weekend project to exercise your home improvement skills!
1. Measure the width of space
2. Select decorative moulding which rests approximately 1" off the wall
3. Cut to fit the space at your local hardware store
4. Spray paint with a vibrant color
5. Starting from the top, measure and mark
6. Using a shoe box, space out five shelves
7. Nail at center of shelf at a 45-degree angle (use a screw for concrete/dry wall)
8. Use a downloaded level to ensure perfection (we used the app iHandy Level)
9. Secure with a nail at each end
10. Repeat, and organize your closet!
NEXT: You'll Love These DIY Leopard Sneakers