Without further ado, here’s how to make my easy, chicken enchiladas.
2-3 chicken breasts
1 jar of red salsa
1 jar of salsa verde
1 can of diced jalapeños (you can leave these out if you don’t like your food spicy)
1 pack of flour tortillas (10+ large, but not burrito-sized)
1 pack of shredded, organic Monterey jack cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Slice the chicken into large, bite-sized pieces. Put the chicken pieces and one jar of red salsa in a pot, filled with enough water to cover the chicken.
2. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 20 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through).
3. Drain the liquid and let the chicken cool. Then shred the chicken and set aside. Take out your tortillas and a glass baking dish.
4. Spread about 1/2 cup of chicken on a tortilla, along with the jalapeños, and top with the desired amount of cheese.
5. Roll the tortilla and place into the glass baking dish. Continue until the dish is full.
6. Top the dish of rolled tortillas with a jar of salsa verde.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the salsa.
8. Bake your dish of enchiladas in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!
They’re even more delicious when served with homemade churros and dipping sauces for dessert.
What are your go-to recipes? Share them with me in the comments! I’m always looking for tasty, easy, and healthy recipes to add to my weekly routine.
P.S. All the pretty ceramic dishware is from The Little Market! It is handmade and hand-painted by artisans in Tunisia.
From her laid-back, effortless style to a fresh, ahead-of-the-trend beauty aesthetic, Lauren Conrad is a girl after our own heart. So, each week, the born-and-bred California girl and editor-in-chief of LaurenConrad.com will share with us her insider secrets and personal musings. Plus, check out her visually stunning guest pinning here!