1. Decorative antlers adorning the wall, with bonus points if the animal they're attached to is mythical — like a Jackalope or a unicorn.
2. A chalkboard wall (passive-aggressive roommate notes, optional)
3. A "Keep Calm And Carry On" poster.
4. Ironically bad art including, but not restricted to: kittens, Anne Geddes, Thomas Kinkade, Fabio.
5. Light-up or neon wall art.
6. A French bulldog named something inanimate, like Snack, or too-human, like Derrick.
7. Wood-sanded floors covered in over-dyed Kilim rugs.
8. A terrarium collection.
9. A vintage record player setup — or, for the hardcore, a tape deck-only situation.