A girl's guide to booting up in style. By Christene Barberich & Piera Gelardi
The arrival of winter—especially in the confines of an often bitter metropolis—requires footwear that cuts the balance between delicate and durable. Like most well-worn (and well-loved) shoes, the season's best boots are an investment, largely because they need to provide comfort and protection while discreetly melding as easily with your minis as they do with your denim.
Luckily, our lineup of favorites hits every high—and low—note, to ensure there's a pair to suit any style…and perhaps, any season, too. Gryson's equestrian-style flat boot gives the standard riding fare a chic upgrade while Rachel Comey's wedge-bootlet isn't quite the standard but nevertheless yields boundless fashion opps for cold and warmer climes. And if you think scoring a sturdy pair means plunking down serious cash, think again. Apapezza's gray suede ankle style rings in under $200 and has the perfect heel height, to boot.
2. Tashkent The Meadow Boot, $650, available (in black and brown) at Clarabella, 279 East Houston Street, New York City; 212-979-0270.
3. Apapezza Suede Scrunch Boot, $185, available at Oak, 208 North 8th Street, Brooklyn; 718-782-0521.
8. NDC flat boot, $645, at Jake, 939 Rush Street, Chicago; 312-664-5553.
10. Delman Patent Leather boots, $495, available at Steven Alan, 103 Franklin Street, New York City; 212-343-0352.
12. Dolce Vita Tropez 2 Boots, $220, available at Dolce Vita, 149 Ludlow Street, New York City; 212-529-2111.
A girl's guide to booting up in style.