Passion, motivation, love and intimacy: This is the energy that motivates monumental growth and change. The more balanced you are in your ability to love and to attach yourself to life through love, the easier you will find you are flowing with life in an organic way. Balancing this heart-happy energy in your environment as well as in your life overall will create an air about your that is approachable, warm, synergistic, and creative and flexible.
RELATED: How To Attract More Love Into Your Life
According to some forms of holistic healing and energetic medicine as well as life philosophy, your “heart energy” is located in the center of your breastbone straight through to the area below your shoulder blades. The name for this area given by some? The 4th chakra. While I am not a doctor, this area is often referred to in relation to the heart, lungs, and the overall immune system. Problems with love, intimacy, balance and trust are thought to be heart chakra issues. Allergies, circulatory problems and other issues with these organs are often attributed to the “heart chakra” and all that it means.
While I am not big on wholeheartedly accepting things without proof, listening to the messages and issues for self-examination that Medical Intuitive Caroline Myss attributes to the heart chakra in her brilliant chakra models has opened my own heart to the possibility that this is very real:
1. What emotional memories do you still need to heal?
2. What relationships in your life need to heal?
3. Do you ever use your emotional wounds to control people or situations? If so, describe them.
4. Have you allowed yourself to be controlled by the wounds of another?
5. What fears do you have about becoming emotionally healthy?
6. Do you associate emotional health with no longer needing an intimate relationship?
7. What is your understanding of forgiveness?
8. Who are the people you need to forgive and what prevents you from letting go of them?
RELATED: How To Strengthen Your Intention With Feng Shui
Once you have asked yourself some of the questions, look around your home. How can you add more loving, heart-opening energy to your space?
1. Clear pathways. Even a little dusting of the walkway to the entrance of your home will make a difference.
2. Add lots of texture to your space: throw blankets, a throw rug, some velvet, some silk. Texture enhances the sense of touch that is visceral, human, and alive.
3. Fold in more green. The color green, strong wood energy, will wake up this flexible, bendy nature inside you.
4. Smell the roses. Rose is a fabulous fragrance to open the energy of love. Rose doesn’t have to be girly. Sandalwood and rose combine to a deeply spicy, unisex home fragrance.
5. Drink some chamomile tea. Chamomile is powerful aromatherapy as well as a relaxing herbal brew to create a more receptive body and mind.
6. Add more vegetables. Veggies are a body-lightening, energy-sweetening boost for your life.
And, choose love. Choose more and more love. Whenever you have the choice, make it your way.
This post originally appeared on The Tao of Dana.
In the age of constant communication, 24/7 jobs, and mandatory multitasking, finding a moment for reflection is almost impossible — almost. Courtney Somer made mental wellness her mission, creating Eyla, an online resource packed with inspiration and real-life tools to maintain your personal peace. We'll be sharing some of this goodness every week on R29 Guest Stars, so whether you're looking to get spiritual, clear your mind, or just read some motivating interviews, Eyla is here to help you shine brighter.