Unless you haphazardly trip through life without any goals or a plans, you have run across the power of your own (and other people’s) intentions. Intention is a crazy-powerful concept. It is energy directed toward an outcome (i.e. strong intention) & has been scientifically proven to change matter and influence our world. When I came upon the fascinating scientific studies done in The Intention Experiment (check it out, it's so fascinating) at clinical laboratories at MIT, Princeton, and Stanford, among others, it is clear that getting your intentions in life peaceful, solid and well-clarified can make a huge change in both your life and our world. I thought I would pull together a little feng shui checklist for you with many ways you can use your environment to support those amazing intentions. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary definition of intention is the ideal place to start when talking about intention.
A determination to act in a certain way :resolve
a: what one intends to do or bring about b: the object for which a prayer, mass, or pious act is offered a process or manner of healing of incised wounds
Concept; especially: a concept considered as the product of attention directed to an object of knowledge
Plural: purpose with respect to marriage
Check it out: Intention means everything from determination and importance to understanding, directing energy, and healing. It is worth doing some soul searching, journaling or anything it takes to get your intentions well-formed and clear. In essence, intention is your purpose and the quality of the energy you put out into the world. This is not a post about simply making money (though, intention also builds wealth), this is about acting from a place of peace to foster more peace and wellness in this universe.
Ok, so lets bring it home. How can you clarify and strengthen your intentions using feng shui tools?
1. Add strength to your thoughts: Deliberately use color and art to send positive messages into your space. You can read my former post on using art to get greater mental focus for more detailed how-tos in your own home. Although the color red is particularly effective in catching your attention, any neon or clear & bright fire shade (violets, oranges, reds, pinks) will add power to your space wherever you deliberately place that color.
2. Get unfinished projects out of the way: piles of clutter, projects you have stuffed in a closet to deal with later, ideas you have shelved until you are ready to go back to them…get it all handled! When your attention is on the past, sucked into these unfinished bits, it makes it very hard to deal with the present. If you can’t be present, you can’t be powerful.
3. Bring nature inside: Our connection to nature helps us to flow with our own energy. Live plants (keep them healthy!) are the best way to both clear your air of common environmental toxins and remind us of our intrinsic human nature.
4. Use sensory tools to elevate your mood: bad moods = bad thoughts = poor intention in every sense of the word! Music is a universal feel-good tool. Aromatherapy can instantly boost your happiness: Sweet orange oil, lavender, clary sage are all inspiring and uplifting. If your work seats are too uncomfortable, get a new one or find a way to adjust it to have ergonomic correctness. There is always a way to adjust a space that is not working. A space heater or a fan can dramatically alter moods by changing temperatures. Humidifiers can alter the quality of the air you breathe and how you breathe. Find whatever tools you need — trial and error are the best teachers! — to pull you up when your spirits are low and keep you on your strong-intention path.
5. And, as always, cleaning your home or office is the quickest fix for raising its (and your!) energy.
This post was authored by Dana Claudat.