We have a soft spot for a great ugly sweater—the kind that used to belong to an eccentric parent in the '80s, was left behind at a consignment store at some point, and then was picked up by us because it was as horrible as it was wonderful (and cost only, like, $3).
Designers, too, seem to have recently picked up on the magical properties of the ugly sweater, and have created their own versions with price tags as shocking as the designs. Check out the ugliest, most expensive sweaters that we're pretty sure only the 1% could afford. The rest of us 99%-ers are going to have to keep digging around discount bins for our own pieces of woolen gold.
Photo: Via Mirabella