Cavalo Nero Pizza
225 g of pizza dough (store bought, usually found in the freezer section)
3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
4 cups chopped kale
1/2 lemon (juice only)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 grape tomatoes, cut in half
2 oz guanciale (sliced thin, like bacon)
3 tbsp of buffalo ricotta (or regular whole fat ricotta)
2 oz buffalo mozzarella (or fresh mozzarella)
1. Mix the kale, lemon juice, and olive oil together. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
2. Pre-heat oven to 500ºF. Stretch or roll out the pizza dough as thin as possible without making any holes. Work with a well-floured surface to insure that the dough does not stick.
3. Sprinkle the sliced garlic onto the pizza dough. Break up the buffalo mozzarella with your hands, and distribute evenly. Arrange the ricotta in small clumps in spaces of the dough where the mozzarella is not covering.
4. Add the marinated kale and sprinkle the tomatoes over the top. Evenly arrange the guanciale.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the guanciale is a little crisp. Crack some fresh black pepper over the top, and serve immediately.