We've been feverishly counting down the days, and finally, the wait is over--the Brooklyn Flea Market starts their outdoors season this Saturday! While that doesn't necessarily mean Mother Nature is gonna behave, we're not letting her mood swings dampen our excitement. Tomorrow, make sure you rally the troops, grab some lattes, and take the G over to Fort Greene's Brooklyn Flea. Our favorite fresh-air market is back for the summer. A new year means there's a whole new slew of vendors and 'cause we're feeling extra nice, we're giving you a cheat-sheet on the five freshman who really caught our eye. From Navajo belts to Kimchi-topped hot dogs, here are all the happening booths you can't miss out on!
1. Mix Gallery: This is your one-stop-shop for everything you might need to fill an eclectic home, from a '40s desk with a matching lamp to some limited editions of British Vogue, you'll definitely leave with something good, just be prepared to be patient and embrace the hunt! Booth: W30
2. Species By The Thousands: Everyone wants that one piece of jewelry that gets people stopping you on the street. Look no further than Species By The Thousands for delicate, nature-inspired pieces that will have everyone aww-ing. Plus, their quirky printed-tees most definitely can't be bought at Barneys. Booth: W12
3. Koichi Morita and Hiro Tominaga: Even though they are from Japan, these two clothing vendors are true-blue Americana aesthetics at heart. Their booth is loaded with western-inspired vintage clothing like leather belts, ethnic-print ponchos, belt buckles, and rare denim. Check out Koichi's vendor profile and a slideshow of his antique goodies here. Booth: W20
4. Ikat Vintage: If you like vintage textiles, but don't have time to travel the world to find them, don't sweat. This new vendor sells everything including vintage quilts, fabrics, and antique upholstery all the way from the 1800s to the '80s. Whether you like their finished product or want the fabric to do it yourself, this dealer has got you covered. Booth: V15
5. Asiadog: Usually when we think of yummy Asian cuisine, a hot dog is probably the farthest from expected. Introducing Asiadog...that's right! Asian food meets the good ol' dirty-water hot dog for a creative spin on a New York street food staple. And for all you non-carnivores, no worries. There's a veggie dog that's got your name on it. May we suggest the Ito? It's Japanese Curry with a homemade kimchi apple topping! Booth: S10
Like your hot dogs with kimchi? Well, ok--don't knock it 'til you've tried it. These dogs are seriously addictive, which is why we're hooking you up. Buy one and get one free (perfect for your flea date). Just mention Refinery29 at checkout.
When: Every Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Where: Brooklyn Flea Outdoor Market, 176 Lafayette Avenue, (between Clermont and Vanderbilt avenues); Fort Greene. For additional info, maps, and directions, check out brooklynflea.com.