Well, that was fun! It's been another year of great style, and so, the changing calendar calls for a little, honest-to-goodness reflection. What did we love most in the past 365? More importantly, what did YOU love most?
Well, first there's street style— you loved our photographers capturing the sartorial scenes from New York to Milan; our favorite new column The Perfect Outfit ranked high for guilty pleasures; as well as a snarky little infographic on how to get your face up on the The Sartorialist. And yes, there's plenty more where that came from. So, grab hold as we reminisce over our fiercest and, dare we say, finest posts of the year. Allez!
1. Oh Snap! Our Step-By-Step Guide To Getting Shot By The Sartorialist—One man, one camera, and a dozen or so easy steps to achieve speedy street style success.
2. From Sweet To Extra Spicy, Our Top Street Style Shots From New York Fashion Week—The heavy-hitters of fashion convene during NYFW, and our intrepid lensman Mr. Newton gets busy with the best-dressed.
3. Vena Cava's Lisa Mayock Sounds Off On Her All Hell Breaks Loose Style—It's no surprise that we're one of Vena Cava's biggest fans, so a visit to her Brooklyn home was like a trip to a mini fashion mecca. And how sick is that spiked chair she has in her living-room?
4. You Fugly? Well, I Die! 10 Fashion Catchphrases That (Try To) Make It Work—There was a minor hullabaloo surrounding the correct etymology of the word "Chic Wolf." While it may have intuitively sounded like a noun to our editor, it is in fact, an adjective. Internet? You win.
5. Blonde-O-Sphere: From Avant-Blonde to Bronde, The Fairest Hair Color, Defined—While we R29'ers might all be born-and-bred-brunettes, we're having a love affair with tow-heads of all shades. Peroxide party at our place.
6. Six Perfect Outfits To Shake Up Your Fall Dressing—Ever have one of those moments when you come across a street style photo so perfect that you have to cop the look immediately? Yeah, us, too. That's why this new column was meant to be.
7. From Floor-length Sequins to Bolero Jackets, Our Top 15 Runway Trends from New York Fashion Week—No one does it with more wit and style (and quicker!) than we do. Here were the top 15 runway trends from New York City reported before they had a chance to even disassemble the Tents.
8. Bye Bye Bottoms! From Knee-Length to No-Length, Tracking a Century of Shrinking Hemlines—Your grammy might be complaining about miniskirts still, but give her an aneurism next year when you show up sans pants. Hemlines, begone!
9. Beauty & the Blog: Models Who Work the Catwalk and the Internet!—A bittersweet story if there ever was one. Capturing the soul behind the face, these models' blogs were some of the most interesting reads in the industry. RIP Daul...
10. Sweat Pants Step Out In A Fashionable New Light—You said "No way," and we said, "Yes please!" Now, excuse us while we bask in our divination talents in our own pair of sexy sweats.