Targets: Legs, glutes, core, and arms.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding dumbbells at sides.
2. Step right leg out into side lunge, bending right knee at 90 degrees with a slight hinge at hips — arms reaching toward the calf with palms facing inward.
3. Hold lunge, bend elbows into one back row, and lift weights up to hips.
4. Extend arms back down to calf, pressing off of right foot to stand.
5. Do 15 reps and repeat on other side.
"Lunges are a must for toning the lower body."
Photographed by Miha Matei