Thanksgiving's turkey is toast and pumpkin-spice has officially passed (RIP). But before we jump ahead of ourselves into eye rolls at the new onslaught of seasonal overkill (think gingerbread and peppermint-flavored
everything), there actually is something out there to get psyched about: the insane holiday spread at Trader Joe's.
TJ's is known for
rolling out an ultimate assortment of festively-flavored products succinctly tied to our favorite seasons and their respective celebrations. We're talking about all the funky snacks and whimsical treats imaginable — and more than a few that are unimaginable, too. Early this morning we took a trip to the nearest TJ's and bought up every single limited edition holiday good that we could get our hands on. And then we proceeded to eat and rank them all based on their intensity of festive flavor, seasonal novelty wow factor, and overall gift-ability.
Scroll forth to discover the magic for yourselves as we unwrap 28 of the most delicious and festive holiday finds that Trader Joe's has to offer — from candy cane cookies, to hot cocoa-flavored cereal, mini frosted gingerbread men, minty dark chocolate stars, and even a tin of something spectacular called Jingle Jangle. These wintry treats are more than just ideal snacking material, some of them would also make impressive hostess gifts, stocking stuffers, and pretty party treats. Trust us when we say, you're going to want to take a trip ASAP — before those chocolate-covered peppermint Joe-Joe's disappear for good.
28. Chocolate Covered Lebkuchen Cookies While the consistency of these festive German-made cookies seemed promising (soft and chewy), the flavor disappointed. There was no hint of real gingerbread or spice whatsoever, like eating a weird fruit cake patty coated in chocolate. Fail.
26. Stelle Di Notte "Stars At Night" Cookies For something described as "cocoa hazelnut crispy cookies," this particular TJ's holiday good did not deliver — while they weren't altogether unenjoyable, the flavor wasn't particularly festive-feeling and the consistency far too dry to be enjoyed solo (calls for dunking in a cup of coffee or tea).
25. Danish Butter Cookie Tin Although butter cookies are not cutting edge in the holiday sweets department, we considered this TJ's tin cute enough to gift!
24. Peppermint Bark The beautiful and festive tin won this product a higher spot on our list (great for gifting) — but unfortunately the bark ended up being too thick and difficult to bite into.
23. Mini Gingerbread Men Cookies Although the holiday cute factor and soft consistency with these cookies was on point, the flavor was a bit too bland for our gingerbread liking — but we'd still shell these out for festive party favors.
22. Chocolate Peppermint Almond Beverage Any flavored almond beverage generally piques our excitement — but unfortunately we didn't truly taste the peppermint in TJ's holiday blend. But that won't stop us from using it to make a mocha (spiked with bourbon).
21. Sugar Plum Jam Does anyone actually know what a sugar plum tastes like? In our opinion, this jam version just tasted like a indistinct fruit medley — although tasty with gift-worthy packaging, it was ultimately lacking on the holiday flavor front.
20. Pfeffernüssé German Spice Cookies These cookies more than delivered on holiday flavor; one taster likened the snack experience to, "eating a holiday candle or a handful of potpourri." But if you're super into gingerbread spices with a tea cookie-consistency, then these Pfeffernüssé's are for you.
18. Almond Nog This carton of almond nog was unanimously agreed upon to be "perfectly yummy, but not life changing." Would we serve it as a festive dairy-free drink option at our next holiday party? Yes.
17. Cinnamon Stars Cookies The holiday factor on these subtly sweet and soft cookies was high! They looked like a festive homemade treat that we'd proudly present on our coffee tables at tea time.
15. Gingerbread Cookie Sticks TJ's gingerbread cookie sticks not only look impressively homemade, but they taste it too. They are subtly sweet, soft, and chewy. We will definitely be serving a plate of these alongside some dessert coffee on upcoming cold nights.
14. Jingle Jangle Ice Cream Spoiler: This is not the only "Jingle Jangle" product in our ranking. And although we can't get enough of the sweet and salty texture bomb mixed into a pint of vanilla ice cream, this mashup could have used a bit more jingle to jangle.
13. Winter Tea Cookie Duo With a half and half mix of gingerbread and hot cocoa flavored tea cookies, this giftable holiday box won over our hearts and our sweet teeth.
12. Dark Chocolate Stars These dark chocolate-covered shortbread cookies are tasty and festively shaped, too.
11. Mini Gingerbread Men If you are in search of a solid gingerbread cookie with cute packaging, then look no further — these minis are presentable with a nice little kick of ginger spice.
10. English Toffee With Nuts Unless your family bakes up a bunch of toffee each holiday season, scooping up this top tenner on our list is the next best thing — the mini toffee sticks are damn tasty and the tin is festive fire.
9. Dark Chocolate Minty Mallows If you love dense marshmallows and intensely mint-chocolate in a cute and compact packaging, then say hello to our divine number nine.
8. Hold The Cone! Peppermint Hold The Cone! is a TJ's trademark dessert — and this dark chocolate and peppermint ice cream-filled version has become an instant holiday classic in our books.
7. Extraordinary Bark This bark made from mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups, mini pretzels, caramel popcorn, Joe-Joe's cookie bits, and crushed almonds is a sweet textural dream.
6. Scandanavian Tidings How many holiday-themed gummies have you seen? Regardless of the not so festive fruit flavors, these tree, star, and ornament-shaped Scandinavian "Tidings" swum their way into our number six spot.
4. Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s Number four is not only a classic treat, but it's also packed with classic holiday flavor. Mmm, candy cane cookies.
3. Mini Dark Chocolate Mint Stars A smaller and mintier version of number 12 on our list, these delicious mini stars are a mega fan-favorite. They taste like Thin Mint cookies and would look great poured into a party bowl.
2. Jingle Jangle Coming in close at number two is the OG Jingle Jangle, a salty-sweet must-buy for snacking or gifting. This cute tin is filled with a textural snacking goldmine of milk chocolate-covered pretzels with a white chocolate drizzle, dark chocolate-covered caramel popcorn, dark chocolate-covered Joe-Joe's pieces, milk chocolate gems with a red candy coating, and a mix of milk and dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups. Wow.
1. Dark Chocolate Covered Peppermint Joe Joe's Two words: Simply amazing. Number one goes without question to a cookie classic that's been given a festive holiday upgrade (covered in fudge-y dark chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy cane pieces). We will hoarding and coveting these sleeves all season long.