We know that warmer climes are somewhere on the horizon, but right now, the only cozy ray of light we're catching is the one emanating from our iMac screens. Because of that, we're going with a Field Of Dreams-type psychology here, that if we begin our pursuit of all spring's most-wanted essentials, then maybe winter will at long last take its leave. And, well, if your trusty parka is beginning to trigger the same hideous gag reflex as ours, you'll be happy to know we're kicking off the new season's shopping list with coats, glorious coats. From a spruced-up trench to a little leather bomber, each one is light, fun, and ready to make that transition from cold-gray to the sun-shiny days that, hallelujah!, do indeed await us.
1. Denim Blazer—As much as we adore our well-worn jean jacket, the new denim blazer is a touch more fun and feminine.
2. Weathered Brown Bomber—Like the little leather jacket you wish you could find at a vintage store but never can, our faves are broken in but still utterly luxe.
3. Fresh Floral—Whether it's baby buds or big blossoms, we're having a major love affair with spring's floral options.
4. Army Fatigues—Pretty much the basic, indestructible topper we'll be wearing all spring, summer, fall, and probably forever after that.
5. Reinvented Trench—Our picks still pack all the polish of the classic trench but updated details give them a younger vibe.
6. The Captain's Jacket—Part school-boy blazer, part maritime overcoat, we love the sharp lines and bold details of these cadet-inspired jackets.