1) Fujiya & Miyagi, March 22 at The Mid, $10. Don't you wanna dance? Even though its Monday? We do! Head to The Mid tomorrow to watch some cute Brits make magic. There are worse ways to spend your night, for real. The Mid, 306 North Halsted Avenue (just North of Fulton Market) 312-265-3990.
2) Jill Sobule, March 23 at Lincoln Hall, $20. Guys, she's much more than the woman who sings your favorite song from Clueless, and she's here to prove it. Lincoln Hall, 2424 North Lincoln Avenue (at Fullerton Avenue and Halsted Street); 773-525-2501.
3) Warpaint, March 24 at Lincoln Hall, $14. While we totally appreciate your eyes on our page right now, put us on pause and buy tickets to this show before it sells out. We'll wait...Okay. Good job. See you there. Lincoln Hall, 2424 North Lincoln Avenue (at Fullerton Avenue and Halsted Street); 773-525-2501.
4) Dinosaur Feathers, March 25 at Beauty Bar, FREE. We're suckers for '50s and '60s inspired pop. Mix that with Dinosaur Feathers' taste for the avant garde, and a nonexistent cover charge, and you know where to find us. Beauty Bar, 1444 West Chicago Avenue (at Greenview Avenue); 312-226-8828.
5) The Residents, March 26 at MCA, $28. We put this in the rock show category, even though it's more performance art. And we think it will do us all a little good. The Residents are game-changers in the music world, so add this to your "I've seen it" collection. Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, 220 East Chicago Avenue (at Miles Vander Rothe Way); 312-280-2660.