1. Start seated at the front edge of the mat with your feet flat on the floor and knees bent.
2. As you inhale, sweep your arms up and on the exhale put your arms behind your thighs.
3. Engage core and draw abs in as you settle create a C-shape with your body.
4. Pull your heels in closer toward your glutes and begin to exhale, pulling the abs toward your spine. Your pelvis is tucked and glutes are squeezed.
5. Release your right arm in front of you and make a fist.
6. Release your left arm in front of you and make a fist.
7. Begin to twist your waistline, the arms following back and forth in a punching motion.
8. Punch right, punch left — making the movements come from the obliques, not the shoulders. Do this 16 times.
9. Place hands behind knees.
10. Take the right hand to a prayer form in front of your chest. Take the left hand and meet the right at center.
11. From the core, twist right and left.
12. Do each variation 16 times.