Blogger: Dianna Baros, The Budget Babe
Nail Design: Coachella Nights
Inspiration: "I was daydreaming about taking a vacation, so I attempted a palm tree design. It came out a little sketchy-looking, so I decided to go with a cactus creating a summery desert landscape."
1. Apply two to three coats of mint green polish for your base.
2. Next, dab a few drops of teal and mint onto a piece of cardboard or thick paper — this will be your palette. Using a small brush, mix up a very light shade of green using your two colors.
3. Break off a small piece of a makeup sponge, dab it into the light green, then lightly "sponge paint" the bottom three-quarters of the nail with the lightest green. Repeat this process with gradually darker shades of green until you've created an ombre effect over the entire nail.
4. Finish your "night sky" with a touch of sponge-painted purple at the very tip.
5. Once your sky has completely dried, mix up a small amount of green and purple and use your small brush to paint a mini cactus "growing" from the cuticle of each nail.
6. Finally, dip a toothpick into a nude color and create tiny dots (stars) in the night sky.
7. Finish with two coats of Seche Vite topcoat to protect your design and smooth out any bumps.
If she had to wear one nail polish color for the rest of her life, it would be… "Not fair! But if I must answer, I guess it would have to be coral — not too pink, not too orange, but a just-right, super-bright coral."