Michael Bublé Has Returned To Public Life After His Son's Cancer Diagnosis

Photo: Noam Galai/WireImage.
Michael Bublé hasn't been in the public sphere much lately — he's kept his family life private after his son's cancer diagnosis. But on Wednesday night, Bublé returned to public life to accept an award in Canada.
The singer was supposed to receive the Governor General of Canada's National Arts Center Award last year, but he skipped the ceremony because of "family commitments," People explains. Bublé also missed the BBC Music Awards in November to take care of three-year-old Noah. In addition, he had to cancel his hosting gigs for the Brit Awards in February and the Juno Awards in April, People notes.
Advertisement
In April, Bublé's family revealed that Noah is free of cancer and is in recovery. His wife, Luisana Lopilato, confirmed the news at a press conference. "Thank God, my son is well," Lopilato said at the time. "When things like those that happened to us occur, your take on life changes. It happened to us. Now I value life much more, the now and the today." She also thanked fans for their support during the family's struggle.
"I stand here truly humbled that I have been allowed to be one of your musical representatives and that you would choose to bestow this honor upon me during what has been an emotionally difficult time for my family," Bublé said while accepting the award on Wednesday. "I thank you for the love and support that you've given me and for the pride I'm filled with every single time I'm able to stand on a stage and say, 'My name is Michael Steven Bublé, and I am Canadian.'"
The singer also thanked his family in the emotional speech.
"There are no words to describe how I feel about you," Bublé said while addressing his family. "Sometimes, 'I love you' just isn't enough, because what I feel is just so much more."
Read These Stories Next:
Advertisement