Chris Harrison Hopes Bachelor In Paradise Scandal Can Reach A "Quick Resolution"

Photo: David Livingston/Getty Images.
As of Sunday evening, the future of Bachelor Nation's raucous spin-off Bachelor In Paradise seemed uncertain. Filming of the upcoming season was suspended indefinitely after allegations of misconduct on the set surfaced. But host Chris Harrison, in a statement to ABC News, seemed to imply that the show will go on, as Entertainment Tonight reports.
"The safety and care of the cast and crew of our show is of the utmost importance to us. It is with this thought in mind that we made the decision to suspend filming," Harrison began. He added, "It is my sincere hope that we can come to a quick resolution on this and get back to work very soon."
Advertisement
From that, it sounds as if the show might continue filming — and maybe even make it to air this summer. (Bachelor in Paradise usually airs in July and August.) Based on what one contestant anonymously told People, those involved are upset that production halted in the first place.
"People had planned their lives around this. Contestants quit their jobs for this. We all had to step away from our real lives for three weeks," the source said.
When the news first broke of the production freeze, Reality Steve reported that the contestants were flown to Houston, Texas. Whether or not they were then sent home is unclear, although some who were previously affiliated with the show have started posting on social media again. (During filming, contestants are not allowed to use their phones, and do not post on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.) Kristina Schulman, who was on the initial cast list for this season, shared a photo Monday night, though she didn't comment on the developing Bachelor in Paradise scandal.

Sailing into the sunset in @karenkane ⛵️

A post shared by Kristina Schulman (@kristinaschulman) on

Similarly, contestant Whitney Fransway, who was not on the announced cast list but appeared in an Instagram with the entire cast at the Puerto Vallarta airport, attended the NBA finals game Monday night with none other than Rachel Lindsay.
It would seem that most of the Bachelor In Paradise contestants are back to their daily routines. This does not, however, mean they won't return to Mexico to resume shooting, provided the current situation comes to a "quick resolution," as Harrison hopes.
Advertisement
With Bachelor Nation, one never knows.
Read These Stories Next:
Advertisement