Photo: Courtesy Rolling Stone.
Taylor Swift has landed herself one helluva Rolling Stone cover shoot and profile. She's the one in the wet white tank and sodden skinny jeans, by the way.
The story, which comes ahead of the release of Swift's latest album, 1989, is full of revelations. Sure, you know all about Tay and her two cats (Meredith and Olivia). You've followed her adorable friendship with supermodel Karlie Kloss. But, did you know Swift bought Peter Jackson's apartment? Or, that she and Lena Dunham have a collection of white nightgowns? Or, that she's a huge fan of Kendrick Lamar?
We sure didn't. As such, we're sharing six of the most revealing facts gleaned from her interview. Brace yourselves, folks.
1. She won't walk around naked. Swift is so paranoid about having her privacy violated (rightfully so, given the recent nude photo scandal involving Jennifer Lawrence, et al) that she only listens to her new songs with headphones and scans changing rooms for hidden cameras.
"There's someone whose entire job it is to figure out things that I don't want the world to see," she told the magazine. "They look at your career, they look at what you prioritize, and they try to figure out what would be the most revealing or hurtful. Like, I don't take my clothes off in pictures or anything — I'm very private about that. So it scares me how valuable it would be to get a video of me changing. It's sad to have to look for cameras in dressing rooms and bathrooms. I don't walk around naked with my windows open, because there's a value on that."
2. She hasn't been on a date in a year and a half. The singer admits that her life isn't as "boy-centric" as it used to be, partly because of the pressure created by the media.
"I feel like watching my dating life has become a bit of a national pastime," she said. "And, I'm just not comfortable providing that kind of entertainment anymore. I don't like seeing slide shows of guys I've apparently dated. I don't like giving comedians the opportunity to make jokes about me at awards shows. I don't like it when headlines read 'Careful, Bro, She'll Write a Song About You,' because it trivializes my work. And, most of all, I don't like how all these factors add up to build the pressure so high in a new relationship that it gets snuffed out before it even has a chance to start. And, so, I just don't date."
You guys, THIS IS ALL OUR FAULT.
3. And, she doesn't hook up either. "I just think it's pointless if you're not in love," she said. "And, I don't have the energy to be in love right now." Fair play.
4. She's kind of a name-dropper. It's Karlie this, Lena that. She even plays Celebrity with her famous friends and admits to having the upper hand because she can just say "you dated him" to one of her movie star pals and win.
5. She's got Harry Styles on the brain. They've broken up, but she still makes "One Direction" Freudian slips. And, more than one song on 1989 seems to reference the British pop star. Styles has been Gyllenhaal'ed, and Swift is "sorry not sorry."
6. She has an enemy. Let the guessing games begin: Which female pop star has it out for Taylor?
"For years, I was never sure if we were friends or not," Swift said of her unnamed nemesis. "She would come up to me at awards shows and say something and walk away, and I would think, 'Are we friends, or did she just give me the harshest insult of my life?' [Last year] she did something so horrible. I was like, 'Oh, we're just straight-up enemies.' And, it wasn't even about a guy! It had to do with business. She basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour. She tried to hire a bunch of people out from under me. And, I'm surprisingly non-confrontational — you would not believe how much I hate conflict. So now I have to avoid her. It's awkward, and I don't like it."