Carly LeTourneau: co-Owner of Bob Chin's Beverages
1. "A cute tote with a great mission! A bit pricey, but the purchase of this bag will provide two children with school meals for one year. It's reversible and convertible."
2. "I have a, perhaps, unhealthy obsession with these sandals. Admittedly, I own them in at least six different colors. They are so comfortable and easy to wash (just hose 'em down!). I usually keep a spare pair in my trunk — they've come in handy many times!"
3. "I am very serious about protecting my pout, as my lips tend to burn easily (weird, I know!). I use the Sunblock SPF 20 Organic Shea Butter balm for the beach but love the vast array of flavors from Red Velvet Cake to Green Tea!"
4. "I am a total bookworm, and every summer I find a series of books to read (this goes way back — we're talking Goosebumps
and The Babysitter's Club
), one of my favorites is Tales of the City
. Comprised of eight novels, this incredibly entertaining series set in San Francisco spans over four decades and taps into tons of contemporary topics while still being considered 'light' reading."
5. "No bag of my mine would be complete without a snack. I never know when hunger might strike and mostly for the sake of others, I like to be prepared. Larabars are great because they contain all raw, nutritious ingredients and this one really does taste like a (crunchy) peanut butter and jelly sandwich!"
6. "My face is very sensitive, so I don't really like to expose it to too much sun. I usually wear a hat at the beach, which also helps when I am reading and prevents funky tan lines left by sunglasses. I am a huge Chicago sports fan, so I like to represent!"
7. "Staying hydrated is always important, especially in the summer heat. I prefer this glass water bottle not only for its sleek design and silicone protective jacket but also because water doesn't pick up any plastic or metallic taste. No more plastic bottle pile-ups in your car either! That happens to other people, right?"
FEED Projects Feed 2 Bag, $130, available at FEED; Havianas Slim Flip Flops, $26, available at Havianas; La Natura Lip Balm, $7.20 to $10, available at La Natura; Armisted Maupin Tales of the City: A Novel, $11.61, available at Amazon; Larabar Peanut Butter and Jelly, $19.99 for a box of 16, available at Drugstore.com; MLB Chicago White Sox New Era Exclusive Snake Fitted 59FIFTY Cap, $36.99, available at Lids; Takeya Glass Water Bottle, $19.99, available at Takeya.