Enter Taste Savant, an online review site that just launched in Chicago, after proving success in the Big Apple — nearly 35% of the traffic comes from repeat users! Unlike Yelp, Taste Savant also aggregates reviews from trusted sources, including industry influencers, bloggers, restaurant critics, and more. And because we know you're going to get hungry just reading the site, you can book your reservations, stat, thanks to partnerships with OpenTable, Single Platform, Seamless, and Savored.
If you're not in the mood to read reviews or look for a place to chow via the super-cool search tool (think hipster 'hood, noteable chef, meet the parents), you can take advantage of Taste Savant's online concierge who can do all the dirty work for you.
If you're wondering where to, um, dig in, TS founder Sonia Kapadia gave us a rundown of her personal "best bets" right now in the Windy City. Happy eating!
1. Next: "The latest vegan menu is the greatest, I swear! It's a splurge worth every penny. Follow Next on Twitter and snag same-night tables."
2. Blackbird: "Best secret deal in the city: Lunch at Blackbird is $22 for three courses not just during Restaurant Week but all year long! It's hard to go anywhere else for a business lunch."
3. Fat Rice: "This place is one of the best new restaurants — there is nothing like it. It's outstanding and I'm not the only one that thinks so (check out those critic reviews!).
4. Nightwood: "This is my go-to for brunch. I can bring my little man and really relax and enjoy myself here. Summer perk: a great patio!"
5. Doughnut Vault: "Calorie splurge! My husband loves doughnuts and so we find ourselves indulging in this breakfast treat every now and then. Our absolute favorite is Doughnut Vault. There is something great about waking up early on Saturday and getting in line with the others who are equally obsessed."
Photo: Courtesy of Taste Savant