It's less than desirable, but some of us will be flying solo this Valentine's Day. If you find yourself without a +1 this year, don't despair. We've found the coolest events for singles looking to up the fun factor. Who knows, by this time next year, you could be making a reservation for two.
1. All Need Love Fest. Five stages of music and live entertainment are hopefully more than enough to take your mind off of singledom this year. If that won't work, there's cocktails, which never hurt. The Field Museum hosts a night of entertainment celebrating everyone's favorite emotion—love. Make sure you get tickets in advance, general admission is $115, but there are VIP options, too. All Need Love Fest, The Field Museum, 1400 South Lake Shore Drive (at Roosevelt Road); 312-922-9410.
2. District Bar. This year for Valentine's Day, District Bar is doing...absolutely nothing. Enjoy a mush-free, totally normal day in River North. District Bar, 170 West Ontario Street (at La Salle Street); 312-337-3477.
3. Octavarius, "A Titanic of a Heartbreak". As we mentioned earlier this week, Chicago comedy group Octavarius is performing a special Valentine's comedy show on February 13 for all you singles out there. Sign up in advance for the group's unique dating community, and you might leave the show with an admirer. Octavarius, at ComedySportz Theater, 929 West Belmont Avenue (at Sheffield Avenue); 773-549-8080.
4. Sky High Soirée at ROOF. On February 14, celebrate Time Out Chicago's Singles Issue at ROOF on theWit. Sip specialty cocktails like "the stag" and "the looker" while enjoying the best view in the city. RSVPs are strongly recommended. ROOF at theWit, 201 North State Street (at Lake Street); 312-239-9501.
5. Valentine's Day with Vinny. That's right lovers, what better way to party like the single socialite you are than by fist-pumping the night away with the Jersey Shore's own Vinny Guadagnino. He'll be hosting a party at Enclave on February 12, don't forget your animal prints and poofs. Enclave, 220 West Chicago Avenue (at North Franklin Avenue); 312-654-0234.
6. Screw Cupid Pub Crawl. If we needed proof that the best medicine for heartbreak is the kind that's boozy, now we have it. The Screw Cupid Pub Crawl's 12th gathering is on February 14, and will stop at The Wrightwood Tap, Durkin's, Duffy's, Redwood, Maeve, and more. The crawl package is a mere $25 and includes food, domestic draft beer, and Love Punch. Make sure to call and reserve your spot, or you'll miss the ride. Bar 1 Events, 773-868-8073.
7. Last Chance for Love Singles Party at Hub 51. The most classic way to enjoy a single Valentine's Day is to spend some quality time in a target-rich environment. Thank you Hub 51, for providing a venue. Enjoy $6 Love Punch cocktails and half-price champagne bottles this Saturday, February 12. Make sure to get a (temporary) heart tattoo before you leave, and cash in on 20% off brunch the next morning. Hub 51, 51 West Hubbard Street (at North Dearborn Street); 312-828-0051.